[Erp5-users] [ANNOUNCEMENT] Debian and derviative packages progress

Łukasz Nowak lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl
Wed Dec 5 11:29:31 CET 2007

Hello,

I've worked on easy installation of ERP5 in Debian and derivative
systems (like Ubuntu).

For some time I had to hold, but right now work is in progress
again and some targets have been achieved.

Packages are working on debian/sid, debian/etch, ubuntu/dapper,
ubuntu/feisty and ubuntu/gutsy. 32-bit version, Zope2.7.

For debian/etch and ubuntu/dapper packages might be considered as
"stable" - we are using them in production (development usage was
for some time). There are some missing packages, like
DCWorkflowGraph - so not so critical.

You are welcome to use project page[1] and quick installation
instructions[2] to install and play with them.

Any bug reports, ideas, suggestions are welcome, if possible project
tracker[3] is preffered.

I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to package work by
giving ideas and spotting bugs.

Some plans for the future[4]:

 - December 2007
  - cleanups
  - optional migration from Zope2.7 do Zope2.8

 - 1Q 2008
  - debianisation
  - use debian way to manage and handle products instllation
  - unit test machine for supported distribution
  - automagic package testing enviroment
  - migration the newest ERP5 supported Zope version

 - later
  - move packages to debian/sid and make them fully compatible with
    "debian way"
  - 64-bit version of packages

[1]http://code.google.com/p/deb4erp5/
[2]http://code.google.com/p/deb4erp5/wiki/HowToRunERP5OnDebian
[3]http://code.google.com/p/deb4erp5/issues/list
[4]http://code.google.com/p/deb4erp5/wiki/Todo

``Use the Source, Luke...'' I am only craftsman.