[Erp5-users] Beginner questions.

Jose Mosquera mosqjos at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 25 23:47:00 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am looking at various open source ERP packages to implement in a small
building contractor's firm in the UK. At the moment the some systems that I
want to evaluate are ERP5, Adempiere, OpenTaps,  and TinyERP.

I have a few of questions that I'd like to ask of more experienced users and
specially those in the UK.

1. What level of customization will be required for the UK?

2. Are the financial modules (chart of accounts) for the UK available? Are
they bug free? and do they conform to UK accounting standards? would they be
acceptable for use in the UK?

3. Is there a web interface to ERP5? Can it be used with all the modules?

4. Is the CRM as good as sugar-CRM? is it accessible through a web
interface?

5. Is there a payroll application in ERP5?

6. Is there an application for giving quotes in ERP5?

7. Is there an application for document repository?

8. Is anyone using ERP5 in the UK? How has your experience with ERP5 been?

9. is any one using ERP5 for the building industry? Are there any modules
for it?

10.  Is there shared calendar functionality in ERP5?

My plan is to initially start by using the CRM functionality and then move
onto the Accounting functionality and so on.

Any feedback is much appreciated.   Many thanks in advance for your help.

JM