[Erp5-users] Changing default_invoice_transaction_rule

Łukasz Nowak lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl
Tue May 8 12:26:56 CEST 2007

Hello,

I've created some predicates for default_invoice_transaction_rule. With
this DITRs we do have some Orders, Packing Lists and Invoices in many
different states.

With more experience in ERP5 system we stopped at point, where our DITRs
has to be reimplemented. Well - I've created new ones, they are passing
our unit tests. But now it is time to upgrade our production system -
with updating of DITRs.

In 1st scenario I've deleted old predicates in
default_invoice_transaction_rule. Well - old orders, packing lists,
invoices, etc aren't expandable anymore. System down, backup restore, 20
cigarettes, system up.

I was thinking about disabling our "obsolete" predicates. So I've
created function which always returns false and attached it as test
method id for our obsolete predicates in DITRs, creating new ones.

My questions:
 * is such method for obsoleting predicates, but still applying rules is
good?
 * where I may find documentation/code snippets/case studies describing
such scenarios?
 * is changing DITRs acceptable in real-world running systems? I fell
that from time to time such configuration change - to be up-to-date with
law, to solve some misconfiguration?

Thanks,

``Use the Source, Luke...''