[Erp5-users] Draft Validation based on site/acl_user Group Membership

Frank DiRocco ofanged1 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 17:31:15 CEST 2007

Hello,
    I have created a test scenario which contains three groups inside of
acl_users on an erp5 site called testsite1; bod, acnt, sales. These groups
contain users, such as bod1, acnt1, sa1, etc. I have assigned these groups
to roles; bod->manager, acnt->assignor, sales->author. After creating an
organization I can not validate the draft with any of the bodX or acntX
users. Only, if I edit validation_workflow properties under
portal_workflowand select "'Manager' role bypasses guards", the
zope user has access to validate drafts in the action drop down of the
previously mentioned organization. Although, the users in the bod group,
which is assigned 'Manager' role do not have this option. In fact, the
members of the bod group have the same options as the acnt and sales group.
I am aware selecting "'Manager' role bypasses guards" is not the desired way
to set up permissions, this was only done to try and find out where the
problem is.

bod - Board of Directors (Manager)
acnt - Accountants (Assignor)
sales - Sales Persons (Author)

I am assuming I have set this up the wrong way as these group assignments
have done nothing to give the users any rights. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

--
Frank DiRocco II
Frank2 -AT- DiRoccos -DOT- com