[Erp5-users] Please help with Base Category and Security interplay

chetankumar at vsnl.net chetankumar at vsnl.net
Wed Mar 28 11:27:04 CEST 2007

Hi all
For the Person Module portal type at manage_editRolesForm I have set
Name:           Manager
Role:           Assignor
Base Category:  site
Category:       group/groupA
               function/functionA
Base Category Script: ERP5Type_getSecurityCategoryMapping

It works fine as it sets appropriate groups on the newly created objects with
the correct combination of the site for Manager at site1 & site2 .

Now I face the next challenge:
The person objects listed in the Person module should be as follows -
For Manager at site1 or site2 only objects of his/her site should be visible
even though both are Assignor for the entire module.

1. How can I ensure the above? Do I have to make any modifications in the
listbox definition to define a filter? If yes, then where exactly?
2. Is there any other way to do this filtering based on a category?
3. Do I have to define the above security on the Person portal type as well or
should security be only defined on "xxx Module"?
4. Workflow security only controls the actions displayed in the "Action..."
dropdown, isn't it?

Regards,
Chetan