[Erp5-users] multicoded Product

Tomasz Brzezina tomasz at brzezina.pl
Tue Dec 12 16:52:30 CET 2006

I'm still wondering how to prepare Product model.

The ideal example is:

There is butter which customer can buy whole 0.650g pack which has EAN
5900644420095 code or ask seller to cut some piece of it e.g 0.233g and
the scale labeler prints code 2700390002330 which means that it's
special (27 prefix) code (0039) with 00233/1000 quantity.

So, the product should be calculated with kg nor items but if someone
buys 5900644420095 the system should lower the stock with 0.650.

I think to add some subcategory like telephone in organisation - one
organisation can have more than one telephone - one product can have
more than one EAN/ECR code and that "object" will also have more
parameters: ECR name (which has to be unique), ECR price, precision,
lock paramter (for suggested price) and quantity

Such interpretation solves also more problems:

1. The same product with two ean codes (e.g. we don't need to analyze
red and green product while producer gives different codes) will have 1
in quantity

2. 6-pack of beer will have 6 in quantity

And the question: Is it possible to do? Now I'm trying to create
subproducts according to telephone model...But maybe there is better idea?

--
Tomasz Brzezina