[Erp5-users] Re: Debian installation help?

Raoul Buzziol raoulus at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 16:31:36 CET 2006

Hello,

I installed (I think successfully) on my kubuntu dapper, therefore
should be good for a debian too.
Consider that I don't have tested erp5 functionalities in depth and I
don't know if something is not working properly. I installed it on my
laptop for learning purposes.

These scripts install a Python and zope in /usr/local/erp5.
Instance directory will be /var/lib/zope-erp5/instance/*.

Attached files:
- buildinstall-config.sh
configuration file, here you can set what to do, some paths and names.

- buildinstall-0root.sh
to run as root user, it creates user and paths.

- buildinstall-1erp5.sh
to run as erp5 user, it builds and installs python, zope, dependeces,
products and create the an instance.

Not covered is the mysql database creation, you have to do it
manually. Tables are created by erp5 during the site creation in ZMI.

These are simple scripts, you can just use it to know what to do or to
speed up an installation.

I had some (minor I think) problems installing some BT.

You need (as called from the scripts):
Python-2.4.3.tgz (source file from pyton site)
Zope-2.7.2-0.tgz (source file from zope site)
Zope-2.7.2-rc1-aq_dynamic.patch (from erp5 site)
erp5diff.tgz (from live cd)
timerserver_livecd.tgz (from live cd)
erp5ZopeProducts.tgz (see below)
itools-0.8.1.tar.gz
MySQL-python-1.2.1_p2.tar.gz
Numeric-24.2.tar.gz
psyco-1.5.1-linux.i386-2.4.tar.gz
python-ldap-ubuntu.tgz (from my ubuntu intallation)
PyXML-0.8.4.tar.gz
ReportLab_1_21_1.tgz

erp5ZopeProducts.tgz contains these products from the Erp5 live cd:
BTreeFolder2
CMFActionIcons
CMFActivity
CMFCalendar