[Erp5-users] New User --> Confusion

Ben Stewart erp5 at eintel.com.au
Tue Jul 4 10:22:38 CEST 2006

Greetings,
Just wondering if somebody can give me a heads up on ERP5. I have
previously configured and installed Oracle Ebusiness Suite so I am
familiar with ERP packages. We have recently been playing with Compiere
and become frustrated about how "closed" this product is (even though it
is open source). We are looking at getting involved in an open ERP
solution and contributing back to the community heavily.

The other day I found ERP5 and with great excitement downloaded the CD
and started to play. I immediatly had trouble finding documentation for
users on how to get started and setup company details, general ledger
etc. I did manage to load the modules but have no idea where to start
with regards to testing an implementation.

What i have noticed is a heavy concentration of documents on the
strengths of the development frameworks and RAD process that ERP5 can be
used for.

Is ERP5 a fully out of the box functioning ERP package or does it
require significant work before it can be taken to userland. If I am
missing something can you please point me in the direction of the
documents that explain the business modules and how to configure/set
them up for a small business.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards
Ben Stewart