[Erp5-users] LiveCD: How-to make network configuration persistent

Kevin Deldycke kevin at nexedi.com
Mon Feb 20 11:48:54 CET 2006

Le Vendredi 17 Février 2006 18:21, david atlan (PHENO) a écrit :
> Dear Kevin,
>
> it worked fine with deleting the content of /mnt/erp5_cd and ERP5 starts.
>
> I have a little problem with the configuration of the Internet connection:
> the test machine is connected to a router with DHCP server, but it doesn't
> take the IP address? Is there anything I can try?

Just open a konsole and do:

  ifconfig eth0 up
  dhclient eth0
  ping nexedi.com

If you can ping nexedi.com, then your NIC is working well. Else, give us logs.

If your pass the previous test, the next thing to do is to make your
configuration persistent. To do that, edit the /mnt/erp5_cd/config.xml file
then restart the erp5cdtool service ( /etc/init.d/erp5cdtool restart ).

--
  Kev.