[Fwd: [Erp5-users] HOWTO: install CVS version on Mandrake]

al aldoogy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 17:35:21 CEST 2005

Shrenik Bhura wrote:

> This may help you in your woes with installation problems:
> It is always a good idea to check mail-list archives for your
> problems. :-)
> That is the partial reason behind mailing lists and keeping their
> archives.
>
> -SB

Yes thankyou very much for your prompt reply - I should have mentioned I
have read that already - It was partially useful - but I was
specifically wondering  if the errors I was seeing in the broken
packages were familiar to anyone, as, when glancing at the Products'
code I could see no obvious reason why some of the imports were not
working (i.e. apparently no missing dependencies).
Also I am trying to perform a 'generic' install (this is Python after
all) - i.e. one that is not specific to Mandrake (has this Mandrake CVS
install been tested on something other than Mandrake ?). I think it
would be nice if ERP5 could be easier to get running - without being
pushed towards one OS or another, I am willing to document a working
(generic - Zope) install if I can get this one working first.

Apologies if this is not the wider aim of the ERP5 community. I will
defer my attempts until I have a spare box at hand - for setting up the
live CD.