[Erp5-users] ERP5 and OpenBSD

Sebastien Robin seb at nexedi.com
Wed Jul 13 15:37:46 CEST 2005

Le mercredi 13 Juillet 2005 04:25, Pham, Zoong a écrit :
> I prefer to run ERP5 on OpenBSD if possible.
> I can get Python, Zope and CFS running on OpenBSD without any problem.
>
> Do you think ERP5 can run on OpenBSD? Does it have any Linux-specific
> that
> stops it running on other platforms?

ERP5 may run on OpenBSD, and we don't want it Linux-specific, even if we
use only GNU/Linux.

But it may be somewhat difficult to get it running on OpenBSD. May be some
python package are missing, you will need to pach zope (our patch is
available with the rpm of zope provided by Nexedi) and I'm not sure our
patch will works well for OpenBSD.

You will find on this mail list the list of steps in order to get ERP5
running on any Linux system (mail from Bartłomiej Górny), you should
probably do the same thing.

As always, it is more simple to use the LiveCD if you want to get ERP5
running very quickly.

Regards.

  Sebastien.

--
Sebastien Robin, Nexedi Technical Director
ERP5: Free / Open Source ERP Software for small and medium companies