[Erp5-users] Amortization in US and JP

mitukaidou3 at yahoo.co.jp mitukaidou3 at yahoo.co.jp
Fri Feb 18 15:10:17 CET 2005

Hello Guillaume,

For financial reportiong in the US, there are not any specific guidelines on amortization/depreciation calculations, though general guidelines stressing the importance of properly recognizing expenses as an asset is exhausted do exist. However, both US governmental and tax accounting have very specific rules and categorizations which should be well documented at the authoritive sites (GASB and IRS). I will track down some links when I get a chance (I'm on the train commuting home at the moment)

In Japan, the tax authority has heavy infuence on financial reporting, so specific calculations rules do exist. However, I have had trouble finding proper online documentwtion even in Japanese! My department has an official manual, though, so when I get a breather from budgeting (my company has multi-billion dollar sales and does its budgeting in excel . . .), I will try to send you the most important categories and their associated calculations.

Cheers.

Ivan