[Erp5-users] Performance of ZSQLCatalog

Wolfgang Keller wolfgang.keller.nospam at gmx.de
Tue Jan 11 17:28:32 CET 2005

Hello,

recently I happened to read the story about ERP5 at
http://www.pythonology.org/success&story=nexedi and got astound by the
performance claims for ZSQLCatalog there: "a Zope database with more than
2,000,000 objects can be queried with statistical methods in a few
milliseconds"

Knowing that "a few milliseconds" will be barely enough for even a fast
harddisk to move its head to a given cylinder, how is this supposed to
work? I would guess that the above claim can only be realised for databases
where the entire "Catalog" fits in RAM, right?

TIA,

Best regards

Wolfgang Keller