[Erp5-users] Installation of ERP5 on Macosx?

Sebastian Ware sebastian at grandvinum.se
Wed Sep 8 17:57:29 CEST 2004

Hi!

I am trying to install ERP5 on Macosx. I am running into a number of
problems.

If someone can help me I will compose Macosx installation instructions,
which I believe will be of great help for the Macosx community.

This is what I have done:

1 I downloaded a Plone package available as a Macosx installation file
2 I got Zope and Plone running
3 I downloaded a MySQL package available as a Macosx installation file
4 I got MySQL running
5 I moved the Plone/Zope package into a better directory structure and
changed the appropriate settings files. It runs fine.
6 I downloaded the following Zope Products (some from the ERP5 cvs and
some from other places) and moved them into a Products folder of a new
Zope-site:

Base18
CMFActivity
CMFCalendar
CMFCategory
CMFCollector
CMFCore
CMFDefault
CMFPhoto-1.2.3
CMFStaging
CMFTopic
CMFTracker
CMFTranslation
CMFWiki
CMFWorkspaces
Coramy
DCWorkflow
ERP5
ERP5Catalog
ERP5Compatibility
ERP5CPS
ERP5Form
ERP5Shop
ERP5SyncML
ERP5Type
Localizer
MMMShop
Nexedi
nexedi-vpn
pmpd
StoreverShop
umigumi
ZMySQLDA
ZSQLCatalog

7 I did a "sudo chown -R plone *" in the Products folder
8 I restarted the Zope site
9 I succesfully imported demo.zexp and images.zexp available in the
cvsroot/ERP5/import folder

What I then get is the "Demo" site, but it contains som broken Products.

 > portal_categories (This object from the ERP5 product is broken!)
 > portal_relations (This object from the ERP5 product is broken!)
 > organisation (This object from the ERP5 product is broken!)

I only see the ERP5catalog in the add-list of the ZMI interface.

QUESTION:
-Am I missing some necessary Products?
-Do I have to setup the MySQL database tables? (any scripts available?)
-Is there any other .zexp import file that i should use?

Regards Sebastian Ware
Grand Vinum