[Erp5-users] RE: Installing ERP5 on WinXP

Daniel Fernández dnfesp at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 27 21:20:38 CEST 2004

Maybe I can pack the whole bunch of dependencies I used, but I'm not sure if
this is permitted.

I'm not using cygwin and all that stuff, just Zope 2.7.2 for windows and the
packages needed.

Try following this:

1. Make a clear installation of Zope (2.7.2)

2. Locate your Zope-instance folder

3. open zope-instance\etc\zope.conf

4. add the following directive: products $INSTANCE/ERP5
    you must create a folder called ERP5 inside zope-instance

5. ERP5 folder will be the container of all ERP5 Products and dependency
Products, I will refer to this folder as ERP5.

6. You must download the file I will upload to {please where can I upload a
12+MB file?? - erp5 portal won't let me} to get the products and packages I
used.

7. Unzip the file in a temporary directory, you will see a bunch of zip and
tar files, one installator (ImageMagick) and one folder called zope-bin-lib.
Install ImageMagick.

8. Download the latest ERP5 tarball and uncompress it in another folder, you
must detect what folders are ERP5 Products and those that don't, copy just
the folders containing ERP5 products including ZSQLCatalog into the ERP5
folder.

9. Go to ZSQLCatalog product folder under ERP5 folder and copy a file called
zsqlbrain.py into zope-instance\Extensions

10. go to zope-bin-lib folder you will find 6 zip files each is a module
required by the python distribuition that comes with zope, so you need to
find the zope installation folder (not zope-instance) once there, go to the
bin\Lib and uncompress there _xmlplus, mysql-python (files inside the first
archive folder), Numeric (Numeric folder contents NOT the folder), psyco
(the psyco folder inside the first archive folder), PIL (PIL folder) and
finally reportlab (reportlab folder).

11. Now you are ready to run zope for the first time, run it. If everything
goes like it went for me, you will get an error related to PIL, something
related to Image_PIL. So you need to locate the file pointed by the error
and add the following line just right after import statements: Image_PIL =
None

Save the file and close it, run zope again.

this version of zope will give you some extrange warnings but don't worry..
if you get them you are done, at the end zope will start normally.

Hope this helps, I need to update the zip file with dependencies in a server
or maybe I can email it to you (but is a 12+MB file so I need you to
confirm), I would rather upload to some server in order that others can use
it, anyway here are the packages contained:

BTreeFolder2-1.0.1.tar
CMF-1.4.4
CMFMailIn-1.0.0 (this give a warning at the beginning)
CMFPhoto
CMFReportTool-0.1.1
CMFWiki
Formulator-1.6.2
ImageMagick-6.0.3-Q16-windows-dll
Localizer-0.8.1
Photo-1.2.3
TranslationService
ZMySQLDA-2.0.8.tar

and the python modules:

_xmlplus
MySQL-python-1.0.0.win32-py2.3
Numeric
PIL
psyco-1.2-win-2.3
ReportLab_1_19

I think you can install all of this in a Win2K box without any problem

I found that business templates are somewhat broken, I made some fixes but
don't know how good they are, business templates are a great idea to get you
started, hope they get fixed soon.

Daniel Fernandez
dnfesp at hotmail.com