[Erp5-dev] cherry-pick request: EmailReader compatability with various ImapServers is improved

Arnaud Fontaine arnaud.fontaine at nexedi.com
Wed Sep 11 11:15:06 CEST 2013

Hello,

Boris Kocherov <bk at raskon.org> writes:

> On 11/09/13 15:47, Arnaud Fontaine wrote:
>> Thank you very much for this patch. I have applied this patch to my
>> branch ('arnau'). To be honest, I don't know so much about IMAP nor
>> erp5_email_reader, so before merging it I have some questions:
>>
>> * Where is '/' used as a delimiter instead of '.'? (out of curiosity as
>>   I have never seen that yet)
> imap.mail.ru
> and "very rarely used" imap.gmail.com
>
>> * Why 'ALL' instead of '( ALL )'?
> gmail.com does not support '( ALL )'.
> Dovecot server support both variants.
>
>> * Another change done in this commit is about handling multiple flags?
> Does not. It can be needed for future.
>
> IMAP implementation have another not important issue:
> Multilingual charachters are not correctly displayed in folders names.

Thanks for your reply. Would it be ok if I change the commit message
based on your reply (it will be merged anyhow):

  EmailReader compatibility with various ImapServers is improved.

  * imap.mail.ru and imap.gmail.com (very rarely) use '/' as a delimiter.
  * gmail.com does not support '( ALL )', use 'ALL' instead.
  * Handle multiple flags.

Arnaud Fontaine