[Erp5-dev] Question: New fields; getter method

Leonardo Rochael Almeida leonardo at nexedi.com
Wed Dec 14 18:40:50 CET 2011

Hi,

To complement Klaus' answers:

On 14-12-2011 13:55, Matthias Scheele wrote:
> [...]
>
> 2.)
> I would like to know where in the database I can locate the new field
> and the value.

The value for the new field, if it's actually set in an object, can only
be found in the object directly, since ERP5 works on top of an Object
Oriented database (or Object Store, as the kids are calling it these
NoSQL days).

You can see all the values set in a specific object by visiting

/sale_order_module/xx/Base_viewDict

If you meant to find in the MySQL database that is used as an indexing
catalog for ERP5, the value won't automatically be indexed in the
catalog unless:

  * Your new field is actually a "category" relationship defined in the
PropertySheet, or in the "Sale Order" type in the portal_types tool.

  * You add configuration to the portal_catalog tool to index your new
attribute directly.

Regards,

Leo