[Erp5-dev] Which version of python behind Erp5?

jp at nexedi.com jp at nexedi.com
Mon Aug 29 15:25:39 CEST 2011

Hi,

Official ERP5 installation - which is used to run unit tests - is based on buildout and can be found here:

http://git.erp5.org/gitweb/slapos.git/blob_plain/refs/heads/erp5:/software/erp5/software.cfg

If you follow the buildout extend links you will find the ERP5 stack definition here:

http://git.erp5.org/gitweb/slapos.git/blob_plain/refs/heads/erp5:/stack/erp5.cfg

which specifies all ERP5 dependencies. You will then see that ERP5 uses Zope 2.12 and python2.6. The version of python 2.6 which is used is defined here:

http://git.erp5.org/gitweb/slapos.git/blob_plain/refs/heads/erp5:/component/python-2.6/buildout.cfg

Official installation procedure is based on RPM or DEB:

http://www.erp5.com/user-Install.ERP5.Package
(maintained by ERP5 BR community)

or if you prefer from source code, using SlapOS:

http://www.slapos.org/wiki/osoe-Lecture.SlapOS.Extended/developer-Allocate.SlapOS.ERP5.Instance

You should then be able with both installation to get en empty ERP5 instance, an instance with sample data and even a small "Web Office" suite with spreadsheet and word processor. This installation procedure installs ERP5, all its dependencies and configures them. By using SlapOS, it is possible to create multiple ERP5 instances on the same server and start providing ERP5 in SaaS to friends or other companies. The SlapOS installation process is also compatible with most GNU/LInux distributions and possibly MacOS X or Windows (with Cygwin). You can learn about SlapOS here:

http://www.slapos.org/wiki/slapos-Wiki.Home/osoe-Lecture.SlapOS.Extended

SlapOS is still in young software but is improving quickly. We just finished for example a network cache for binary and source code which reduces the installation time of buildout software drastically. We hope to contribute it back to buildout. If you have any trouble with the installation process, let us know in this list or in SlapOS forum.

http://www.slapos.org/forum