[Erp5-dev] Amortisation in erp5

jp at nexedi.com jp at nexedi.com
Mon Apr 11 16:51:22 CEST 2011

Hi,

> The use case is simple. I want to move Raskon accounting to erp5 to
> understand how the accounting can be done in erp5.
>
> So there are some fixed assets on balance. According legislation the
> accounting of fixed assets should allow to isolate all
> fixed_assets_account transactions related to one asset from
> fixed_assets_account transactions related to others. The same
> requirement exists for asset_depreciation_account transactions.

This requirement is the same in France, in SYSCOHADA, in Japan and I suppose everywhere in the world.

> I think that one way to follow legislation using erp5 is to
> link accounting transactions to items which are in item_module.

Yes. This is one good approach, as long as you track items. This is the approach which is followed by erp5_immobilisation bt5.

However, in some small companies, which only have to care about a few items, it can be easier to recommend to create individual accounting lines for each item and use title or description field to explain which item is handled by this accounting line. Immobilisation items are then handled outside ERP5. This sometimes help accelerating the adoption of ERP5 accounting, since it eliminates the prequisite of managing all items with ERP5. Yet, this is not of course the ideal approach.

> There is a Item_viewDeliveryLineCreationDialog where item could be
> linked to Internal Packing List, PPL, PO, SPL and SO ("Create related
> affectation"). But i couldn't find where the item could be linked to
> accounting transaction.

I think it would be useful to provide the same "Item" experience to all accounting transactions / transaction lines. This should be provided as default (independently or erp5_immobilisation).

The purpose of erp5_immobilisation is different. It is to generate automatically depreciations transactions and change of ownership transactions for a use case during which a given item is moved from one company to another, from one division to another, within the same group of companies. For example, imagine a computer server being transferred from subsidiary A to subsidiary B of the same group C of companies. The idea is to generate all accounting transactions from the combination of Item and Internal Packing List, including transactions related to VAT. This is only useful for companies which need to manage a lot of items or which need to move those items frequently from one cost center to another cost center.