[Erp5-dev] Amortisation in erp5

bartek bartek at gorny.edu.pl
Mon Apr 4 21:42:40 CEST 2011

On Mon, 04 Apr 2011 19:30:35 +0200
jp at nexedi.com wrote:

> > BTW. would you consider changing the name of it? Most of ERP5
> > uses english terms, but "immobilisation" is in French - at least in
> > this meaning. In English, "immobilisation" means preventing
> > something from moving (e.g. putting a broken leg in plaster cast,
> > or using the immobiliser to secure a car against theft). Rather out
> > of place in this context.
>
> You are right, thanks. Do you have a better term ? Asset ?

Hm, hard to say - I'm not sure I fully understand what this class
actually does/represents. The cost you incur while your fixed asset gets
older is depreciation. If this thingie generates accounting movements
representing depreciation charges, perhaps it can be called
"Depreciator" :)

 "Po co zaraz idealny stan? Czy nie lepiej, kiedy nikt nie może zrobić
z nikogo abażura do lampy?" (Mec. Finkelstein, w: Stanisław Lem "Wizja
Lokalna")