[Erp5-dev] questions regarding tag 5.4.3

Bartek Gorny bartek at gorny.edu.pl
Sat Dec 12 12:39:02 CET 2009

Hi

I just noticed there is a new tag, which is great news for everybody.
I have two questions related to that tag:

1. When you create a tag, could you please send an announcement to the
ML? New release is an important event for user/developer community, it
is a good practice to put a brief announcement.

2. What is actually a meaning of this tag? I always thought ERP5
develoment is test-driven, so you generally tag revisions with good
results of test. But when I look at erp5-report archive, I see that
the last test run befor the tag was for revision 30980 and it gave 20
errors and 31 failures, which is hardly a good result. Or am I
misunderstanding something?

Or, maybe the tag means you completed some set of changes and are
about to start another one? If so, would you be so kind as to provide
a brief info what they are?

Thanks

"Software is largely a service industry operating under the persistent
but unfounded delusion that it is a manufacturing industry."
Eric S.Raymond, "The Magic Cauldron"