[Erp5-dev] ERP5 Buildout - Error when installing Zope2

Jean-Paul Smets jp at nexedi.com
Wed Oct 7 08:36:39 CEST 2009

Dear Reza,

First of all, I recommend you to use the buildout of ERP5 official
repository
    https://svn.erp5.org/repos/public/experimental/erp5.buildout/

It is not perfect yet but has been successfuly tested on Debian, Ubuntu
and Mandriva. It is maintained by at least 10 people who regularly use
it for their own work. It is used in at least 2 large ERP5 sites, one of
which is a large CRM and has 300 concurrent users in 24/7. There is a
Howto here:
    http://www.erp5.org/HowToUseBuildout

Feel free to contribute.

About documentation to learn ERP5, please start with this:
    https://www.myerp5.com/kb/developer-How.To.Become.ERP5.Developer
Then do the "Forum" tutorial:
    https://www.myerp5.com/kb/developer-Forum.Tutorial/view

It takes between 3 days (world record) to 2 weeks to complete all steps
(python, Zope, tutorial).

It is also useful to learn how to use ERP5 by reading the documentation
provided by TioLive
    http://www.tiolive.com/documentation

There are 17 very easy tutorials which cover CRM, accounting, trade,
etc.  They take 4 hours to 2 days to complete. I recommend you to
request a TioLive account to start practicing online before doing the
same on your local host. This will save you much time. You can the get
the Data.fs of TioLive to run it on your local host.