[Erp5-dev] Unreorganized ERP5 Documentation

Łukasz Nowak luke at nexedi.com
Wed Sep 23 09:40:23 CEST 2009

Hello,

On Fri, 2009-09-18 at 22:37 +0700, Muhamad Reza wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 2009/9/18 Łukasz Nowak <luke at nexedi.com>
>         > http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/ERP5_Handbook -----> This link
>         contains
>         > architecture of ERP5, and also security model.This
>         documentation link
>         > is very poor. I've opened among 3 months but it still not
>         complete.
>         > Nothing something new on this link.
>

>         Handbook is discontinued. It was started some time ago as
>         community
>         project, some parts were merged with wiki and KB, but I
>         checked and
>         there are no new entries, so I added note about it.
>

> However, I think if some of parts are merged. it should be informed on
> Handbook it self.

Wikibooks projects are fully community projects. Everyone is welcomed to
check knowledge on this site and edit the books. Feel free to correct
wikibooks pages.

>         >
>         > On the other hand, ERP5 documentation can be found in
>         > http://cps.erp5.org/sections/erp/
>         > cps.erp5.org is the old ERP5 links. but, why developer not
>         > reorganized ?
>         >

>         There is also KB - https://www.myerp5.com/kb/ - which contains
>         a lot of
>         documentation categorised and updated.
>

> Yup... I know it. Sorry, I forget to add this link. I also opened it.
> and what I see is not all of them is documentation. Some of them are
> not useful and silly (I'm sorry). For example:
> https://www.myerp5.com/kb/image_module/447/view  What can i get for
> that ? What the benefit for me ?

Well. This is one of images in KB. I am sure it is useful for some less
technical people to have images showing them the easiest way to proceed
in specific cases.