[Erp5-dev] person and vat code

Jacek Medrzycki jacekm at jmtronic264.dyndns.biz
Thu Feb 5 15:13:59 CET 2009

Bartek Gorny pisze:
> - in reality, there is no another legal entity in such a case -
Yes, it is.

> I am
> an example of it, because I do this kind of business activity, and
> when I as a business entity purchase something from a supplier, then I
> owe him my personal money
It has nothing to do with money, I think.

> - there is no third party involved, so the
> business model in ERP5 would be different from the real life situation

There is a kind of third party.
Consider, that one can't just say one day: "I'm going to carry on
business so I'm going to issue VAT invoices". To do so, you had to
register in three (in case of Poland) places: municipal authorities,
Statistical Office (GUS) and Tax Office. Yes, you retained you personal
vat code, but you had to invite a name for your business activity - so
there is no doubt for me, that some new entity came to life the moment
when you registered your acivity - and this entity should be represented
by something more than a Person you are. The Organisation is an obvious
choice.

Than look at the typical finance departament. Are they interested, if
their contractor is a single person carrying business, or huge company
employing thousands of people? No. Both are equals from the financial
point of view - they are just contractors and should be treated the same
manner.
If people carrying own business were represented by Person objects, and
"regular" companies by Organisation objects, then the contractor catalog
would be splitted between two modules, which complicates logic.

J.