[Erp5-dev] Upgrading Business Templates problems

Boris Kocherov bkocherov at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 18:07:58 CEST 2008

Łukasz Nowak пишет:
> Hello,
>
> I'm upgrading our installation to fresh revision.
>
> I've checked our products and business templates, and created .bt5 files from templates.
>
> I'm using Business Template module import option to import that files.
>
> My installation order is: erp5_mysql_innodb_catalog (cleared catalog, reindexed portal_templates
> and portal_trash only), erp5_core, erp5_xhtml_style, erp5_base, and so on.
>
> Two issues:
>  * for portal category, which is existing in system, if there is new version in BT,
>    its contents are deleted
>  * some portal type properties, like Allowed Content Type, are deleted while installing
>    new version of BT (e.g. Organisation Module do not have Organisation in allowed content
>    type anymore) - re-installation of this BT doesn't helps.

We had the similar problem - the actions of the portal types had been
disappeared after "upgrade" (or/and "re-install"). The second
"re-install" did not help just as in your case.
After source investigation i think the "re-install" is not implemented
correctly.

After the execution of the following steps business templates
re-installed correctly:
1. Delete the installed business template using "manage_main".
2. Install this business template.

> As the first issue was easy to workaround (leave original), I wouldn't like to take
> same approach for portal types. I've unit tested my code with freshest version of
> products and BT and I'd like to use new features.
>
> Do you have any tips or trick to share concerning system upgrade? Are you using some
> kind of scripts or something? Are there any guidelines about upgrading process?
>
> My aim is to have same result after upgrade, that I'm able to have after fresh installation,
> but what I've seen (and totally accepting) upgrade from old to current version doesn't
> have the same system.
>
> The second approach I may take, is to create fresh instance and move data using import/export -  but
> 90% of work is done in "normal" upgrade.
>
> Best Regards,
> Luke

Regards,
  Boris Kocherov

--
A specter is haunting Europe-- the specter of Communism.