[Erp5-dev] Using another character set and collation

Boris Kocherov bkocherov at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 12:22:17 CEST 2008

Kazuhiko Shiozaki пишет:
> B. modify ERP5 to specify character set explicitly
>
> To take this way, your proposal 1) and 2) are not enough. It is also
> needed to add 'DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8' at the end of *all* CREATE TABLE
> statements (in portal_catalog/*/z_create_*).
What is the reason to add at the end of *all* CREATE TABLE statements if
the default character set and collation for all tables in database is
the DATABASE character set and collation.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/charset-table.html

To avoid misunderstanding: i suggest to fulfill the both 1) and 2)  one
after another because after execution of my patch ERP5 sends the data to
MySql in utf8.