[Erp5-dev] Planning invoice is not creating related simulations

Łukasz Nowak lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl
Tue Jun 17 11:36:28 CEST 2008

Hello,

On 2008-06-16, 15:17:08
Jérome Perrin <jerome at nexedi.com> wrote:

(...)
> Delivery.updateAppliedRule is the method that initiate the simulation
> process.
> We have interaction workflows that call Delivery.updateApplied when
> movements or delivery are modified,
> delivery_movement_simulation_interaction_workflow
> and delivery_simulation_interaction_workflow.
> My guess is that simulation for invoices is generated in confirmed
> just because there is a workflow script that sets references.
>
> For Sale Order / Purchase Order, updateApplied is called in workflow
> scripts, so I'll add such a script in accounting workflow.

Hm. But is there any convention about it? When I saw
delivery*interaction_workflow workflows introduced I thought, that
every simulation-related actions shall be there. Are there any
guidelines about it? That one
http://www.erp5.org/Discussion/ConfigureSimulation looks quite
unfinished.

> > Is my test good enough to be introduced into core suite (question
> > applies to tests sent recently and older, still pending w/o
> > comments on mailing list, eg. Container consumption tests)? If not
> > - what should I fix in test, what is wrong in test? Am I not
> > passing conventions related to test?
>
> This test is good for explaining and discussing the problem, but maybe
> we should consider adding this in testInvoice (as far as I see it
> reuses parts from testInvoice).

My idea/suggestion is to create separate test for testing simulations
started by documents, which are able to create some. Is it ok? It would
be great as and documentary about simulations.

> Jérome

``Use the Source, Luke...'' I am only craftsman.