[Erp5-dev] TaskConstraint proposition

Jérome Perrin jerome at nexedi.com
Tue May 20 19:07:42 CEST 2008

Le mardi 20 mai 2008 à 10:31 +0200, Mikolaj Antoszkiewicz a écrit :
> But I was wondering why N_? What does it stand for?

It's GNU gettext convention, originally:

 _ is a macro to gettext (ie. the translate function)

 N_ is a no-op macro, meaning that this message is not translated here
but is still marked as a translatable string, and tools such as xgettext
or yusei's script uses those markers to extract strings and produce .po
files.

Until today I misunderstood N_, and used it in ERP5 code where _ is
usually used.

Jérome