[Erp5-dev] oood simple Excel files import problem

Jérome Perrin jerome at nexedi.com
Tue May 20 13:07:13 CEST 2008

Le mardi 20 mai 2008 à 11:03 +0200, Łukasz Nowak a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> On 2008-05-20, 10:20:21
> Jérome Perrin <jerome at nexedi.com> wrote:
>
> (...)
> > I really suspect that the problem is with the openoffice version
> used.
> >
> > I think the latest OOo version is selected automatically when
> > installing oood.
> >
> > I tried oood with different openoffice versions:
> >
> > Openoffice 2.4.0:
> > http://mail.nexedi.com/pipermail/erp5-report/2008-May/021813.html
> >
> > Openoffice 2.3.1:
> > http://mail.nexedi.com/pipermail/erp5-report/2008-May/021844.html
> >
> > 2.3.1 seems to have problems converting spreadsheets. 2.4.0 works
> > better, but have problems converting text.
> > The "ERP5" test runner uses old oood with openoffice 2.1 which works
> > reasonably good.
>
> By converting text do you mean simple text files?

No, I mean .odt or .doc ; test_05_FormatIngestionText
(testIngestion.TestIngestion) is failing with 2.4.0, but it's the only
failure reported by ERP5 test suite.

> Well - so as a summary - 2.1 version is the best one?

ERP5 test suite also have a few failures with 2.1, and 2.4 is also not
bad for our use.

I just wanted to point out that we have different results with different
openoffice versions, but I can't say which version is the best one. I
myself use 2.4 now, because it's the latest and most tests pass.

Jérome