[Erp5-dev] Files in DMS image_module - supported?

Łukasz Nowak lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl
Tue May 6 09:10:42 CEST 2008

Hello,

On 2008-05-06, 08:18:47
Yoshinori Okuji <yo at nexedi.com> wrote:

> On Monday 05 May 2008 15:32, Łukasz Nowak wrote:
> > Using portal_contributions there is a way to add Files. They are
> > sent into image_module. But its listbox is not showing files (patch
> > attached).
>
> They shouldn't go to Image Module. Where is it defined? I am sorry,
> but I don't know so much about DMS.
>
> > Also there is no possibility to add File manually in image_module.
>
> This is correct.
>
> > Questions:
> >  * do files shall go into image module?
>
> No.
>
> >  * if not, where is module for files?
>
> Document Module.
>
> YO

Argh! It depends on what I do.

If I added something, what is recognized as File, without choosing
portal type by hand it goes into document_module.

But I added a.out, chosen Image portal type. It is put into
image_module, but recognized as File. Is it a bug or feature?

To reproduce
 * get a.out
 * add in portal_contributions, without choosing any portal type
 * it will be added in document_module, object's portal type - File

 * get a.aout
 * add in portal_contributions, choose Image portal type
 * it will be added in image_module, object's portal type - File

I stepped into it, by adding TIFFs as Image (right now I updated
my portal_contribution_registry to recognize tiff and tif extension
as Image).

``Use the Source, Luke...'' I am only craftsman.