[Erp5-dev] [Erp5-report] r20493 - in /erp5/trunk/products/ERP5/bootstrap/erp5_xhtml_style: SkinTemplat...

bartek bartek at erp5.pl
Thu Apr 17 12:40:22 CEST 2008

Romain Courteaud wrote:
> * bartek [2008-04-14 21:10:04 +0200]:
>
>> nobody at svn.erp5.org wrote:
>>> Author: romain
>>> Date: Mon Apr 14 16:22:36 2008
>>> New Revision: 20493

>>> Log:
>>> Revert http://svn.erp5.org/?view=rev&revision=20078, as it changes the DOM tree
>>> and desactivate some CSS configuration.
>> Could you please specify WHICH css configuration does it break? So that
>> somebody can fix the css?
>
> Hello,
>
> Functionnal tests were failing since 3 weeks (see for example:
> http://mail.nexedi.com/pipermail/erp5-report/2008-April/021001.html).

Would you mind me fixing it and putting it back?

I think the second failure can be fixed by adjusting the test itself,
and the first requires minor change to the css.

> As all functionalities of the CSS are not tested, and as your
> modification is for now only used in experimental, I decided to move
> your change to the experimental repo.

I think it is better to keep the number of changes in experimental as
low as possible, otherwise we will run into compatibility problems. So,
like in this case: if there is a new feature in experimental which
requires only a minor change in the core, then it's better to make this
change in the core - this would reduce maintenance cost, and later
merging experimental features into the core will be much easier.

Bartek