[Erp5-dev] relation to person

bartek bartek at erp5.pl
Sat Mar 22 11:14:29 CET 2008

Tomasz Brzezina wrote:
> I need to "connect" my object with person the same way as Person is
> connected with Organisation.
>
> After investigation I reach the point, that Organisation use
> RelationStringField  (my_subordination_title -> my_relation_field)
>
> which Base Category is subordination, and Portal Type is 'Organisation |
>   Organisation'
>
> The subordination category is different than others, so I suppose that I
> have to create a new category (person_subordination?) and then use it in
> my RelationStringField
>
> Am I right?

To some extend - first read the wiki pages about RelationStringField and
about Programmable (Dynamic) Acquisition, and examine carefully the
subordination category - how and why it is different from others, and
what is the real relation between Person and Organisation.

Then tell me what is the nature of your relation, and I'll advise you
what category to use and how to set it up :)

Bartek