[Erp5-dev] Experimental repository documentation structure

Rafael Monnerat rafael at nexedi.com
Wed Mar 19 18:06:57 CET 2008

I think that that experimental stuff is really great. In some cases we
can find some very interesting stuff in there. But I think that create
too much experimental stuff you can create some parts impossible to
maintain. IMHO, experimental code stuff should be reviewed and included
part by part in main code, of course if this case provides a good
behavior and tested.

Notes that some experimental code can propose a new design of one tool,
like a new production process or modules that use Linear Programming for
Optimize Sales (just one example). In these cases can be create a non
experimental stuff but some real bt5, like "erp5_another_trade" and
stored at some community repository. (I think NEXEDI can provide it as
experimental)

I'm not sure if was clear enough because my bad english, but I think
that the code and documentation should be centralized and merger as much
as possible, in order to not create unmaintainable parts used by unhappy
ERP5 clients :) .

Rafael Monnerat