[Erp5-dev] getNextNegativeInventoryDate - specification, implementation

Łukasz Nowak lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl
Fri Feb 29 15:29:16 CET 2008

Hello,

On 2008-02-29, 14:51:44
Tomasz Brzezina <tomasz at brzezina.pl> wrote:

> Łukasz Nowak pisze:
> >
> > getNextNegativeInventoryDate works all right almost all the time,
> > but little problem rises with precision of dates in movement table.
> > Let's imagine this situation:
> >
> >  a) 2008/02/15 receive quantity=10.0 of resource
> >  b) 2008/02/15 send    quantity=5.0  of resource
> >
> > Of course a) will always happen before b) in reality. But our
> > precision is one day.
> You can assume, that all receives are always before any send (even if
> it's not true).
> This solve your problem.

That's another solution - but from my point of view solution 2) from my
original email was easier to configure - we are able to be precise as
hour, half hour, minute, or something. (Of course - that's what we
implemented, and upgrading to *just right now* :) )

Regards,
Łukasz

``Use the Source, Luke...'' I am only craftsman.