[Erp5-dev] expand method performance, ZEO questions

Łukasz Nowak lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl
Thu Dec 20 12:18:25 CET 2007

Hello,

I've been hit by performance problem.

We have transformation with many resources (we have plenty of them in
our case). Using this transformation generates applied rule
with one simulation movement, again applied rule, then more than 50
simulation movements which has AR/SM pair. Supply chain is quite simple
- two nodes.

Invoking expand method on root of this tree lasts for about 80 seconds
on not loaded system, with hardware RAID0 on PCI-X and is consuming
100% of core of Opteron 265.

My questions:
 - ZEO won't help in this case directly, as expand is one method in
activites? (we are going to use ZEO anyway)
 - does expand need to be so CPU intensive?
 - is there any way/idea to split expand into few smaller expands and
use clustering for them?

And another question: are there any updated
guidelines/documentation/ideas/experience docs/tips/anything about using
ZEO with ERP5?

I didn't suppose to find HowToUseZeo on ERP5 wiki ;), but there is not
too much info about this on wiki. Well - maybe it is so simple, that is
not worth mentioning it?

``Use the Source, Luke...'' I am only craftsman.