[Erp5-dev] there is code destroying data into ERP5 currently

Pelletier Vincent vincent at nexedi.com
Tue Sep 18 18:04:53 CEST 2007

Le Jeudi 13 Septembre 2007 11:45, Sébastien Robin a écrit :
> There is code destroying data into ERP5Type/Core/Folder.py

BTW I *think* the code did not actually destroy data.

What it did was to store a folder-handling plugin instance on the folder when
folder instance gets modified.
As long as this plugin instance is not there, folder behaves like usually, but
as soon as it's there its methods are called... on the plugin instance.

Which means that instead of searching for subobjects on the Folder (where they
still are) it searched for them on the plugin instance, where there is none
(actually, there is just the one just added).

I have *NOT* checked this assumption, but it popped into my mind when I took a
look at Sebastien's fix and comparing to original code.

If this is true, reverting the Folder code to previous version should make
seemingly-lost objects pop up again, but the downside is the apparent (again)
disapearance of all objects created with the new code...

--
Vincent Pelletier