[Erp5-dev] [BETA] Compression support on SQL connections

Pelletier Vincent vincent at nexedi.com
Wed Sep 12 18:35:49 CEST 2007

Hi.

I just added (r16312) yet-another-connection-string flag for ZMySQLDA and
ZMySQLDDA connections.
It enables compression between MySQL client and server, if supported.

You might want to try it if your application is essentially network I/O bound,
and your MySQL server is on a remote machine.

WARNING: Note that this feature is not supported by upstream version. If you
enable it and update your Products later, SQL connections might not be
possible to establish. You will have to update the connection string yourself
to make it work again.

As a sidenote, I'm working to get our local changes on ZMySQLDA merged into
upstream version. Big thanks to John Eikenberry for his patience.

--
Vincent Pelletier