[Erp5-dev] ERP5 and python 2.3 ?

Jérome Perrin jerome at nexedi.com
Fri Aug 3 18:48:01 CEST 2007

Jacek Medrzycki a écrit :
> Hi
> I'm trying to run ERP5 with python 2.3. The CMFActivity product fails to
> load with missed import 'locals' from threading module. I've checked
> that it is new in python 2.4.

from Products/ERP5Type/ZopePatch.py:

# for python2.3 compatibility
import threading
if not hasattr(threading, 'local'):
   from Products.ERP5Type.patches.threading_local import local as
threading_local
   threading.local = threading_local

This patch was for ERP5Type IIRC, but apparently CMFActivity is
initialized before this patch is applied.

> Question is, if current ERP5 releases can be run under python 2.3?

I think we all use python 2.4, but it's better if we can support python 2.3

Jérome