[Erp5-dev] BaseTrade*_FiledLibrary - date-time fields

Shresth K shresth.k at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 18:33:21 CEST 2007

On 21/06/07, Aurélien Calonne <aurel at nexedi.com> wrote:

> Shresth K a écrit :
> >
> > On 21/06/07, *Shresth K* <shresth.k at gmail.com
> > <mailto:shresth.k at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >

> >     No, it wasn't the typo. May be the mistake was introduced while I
> >     wrote the mail.
> >     I have had a very hard time trying to upgrade from r14629 to the
> >     latest. r14733
> >     While upgrading and clicking on subversion, I faced some of these
> >     problems:
> >     1. As explained above Constraint/DuplicateInventory.py was missing.
> >     So I added it manually.
> >     2. Then all Allowed Content Types, Hidden Content Types and
> >     PropertySheets for all the trade related portal types were missing.
> >     I proceeded manually by correcting each of those with the hope that
> >     I could catch the 'ghost' but couldn't proceed further when it said
> >     that 'PropertySheet DuplicateInventory missing for portal type
> >     Inventory' as no such PropertySheet exists as per my findings.
> >
> >     Hence, my plan to upgrade the BT failed miserably, so I tried the
> >     crude way again:
> >
> >     1. I un-installed erp5_trade.
> >     2. Did an 'svn up' for the latest erp5_trade, downloaded it into
> >     portal_templates via URL and then installed it.
> >     3. Now by clicking on Subversion I should not be getting any
> >     modified files since it is the latest working copy that is
> >     installed. Yet there are many files that are listed there.
> >     Now can anyone explain this or should I have updated other BTs as
> well?
> >

> This is usual, because same business template built from different do
> not result in the stricly the same xml code. And this does'nt matter.
> Differences can be due to python version or zope version, and also the
> Zope Products you have installed.
>
> So you should not take care of these differences.

Thanks for clarifying.
I still have a lot of reason to bother as I tried the upgrade path several
times and each time it resulted in an unstable system.
If anyone has some spare time kindly confirm or erase my fears with respect
to the upgrade by doing one yourself.

If you need any further information to help reproduce the same scenario, all
possible information shall be provided from my side.

Thanks,
Shresth