[Erp5-dev] Internet Explorer problems

Jean-Paul Smets jp at nexedi.com
Wed Mar 21 23:39:44 CET 2007

Le mercredi 21 mars 2007 17:27, Yoshinori Okuji a écrit :
> On Wednesday 21 March 2007 11:02, Jacek Medrzycki wrote:
> > Jacek Medrzycki napisa³(a):
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > We have found that IE 7.0.5... does not display fields in view forms
> > > - just empty forms. Listboxes are displayed correctly.
> >
> > I have found that W3 validator fails on pages generated by ERP5,
> > probably because those pages have
> >
> > OCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict/ declaration.
> >
> > After removing this declaration, IE 7.x started to display the fields
> > in forms, but I'm not sure what impact on ERP5 behavior have such
> > declaration removal.
>
> Thank you for finding the clue. But it is not good to remove the
> declaration. Instead, please make our HTML valid.

Also, ERP5 XHTML Style is optimised for Firefox. Please try to make your
customer switch to Firefox. By experience, this will save a lot of time to
both you and him.

JPS.

--
Jean-Paul Smets-Solanes, Nexedi CEO - Tel. +33(0)6 62 05 76 14
Nexedi: Consulting and Development of Libre / Open Source Software