[Erp5-dev] "Hiding" modules

Jacek Medrzycki jacek at erp5.pl
Fri Mar 16 13:50:37 CET 2007

Hi.

Our client requires that certain class of users should not see the
Person Module in "ERP5 Modules" dropdown  and main screen. However, they
should be able to access Persons to which they have permissions (e.g.,
by the "airplane" button or object jump). I know that is is somehow
silly requirement, but client says seeing the modules would be confusing
to users.
I tried to play with permissions, but It seems that if a user has no
permission to view and access the Person Module, he is not able to
access Person, even if
he has permissions to this particular Person (not very surprising). The
question is: Is there a combination of permissions that hides the module
from the modules dropdown but allowes user to access the object
contained in the module?

regards
Jacek