[Erp5-dev] exception handling in activities

bartek bartek at erp5.pl
Tue Mar 13 14:09:08 CET 2007

Jérôme Perrin wrote:
> Le Lundi 12 Mars 2007 18:07, bartek a écrit :
>> still nothing in the logs, but activities failed
>
> `runUnitTest --email_from_address=your_mail_address` will send activity
> failures to your mail address (if you're on a "real" site, go to portal's
> properties). Still this is far from perfect, and probably
> ERP5TypeTestCase.tic should show the traceback of failing activities.

Probably, yes. That's what one would expect - that if an exception is
raised, it should show up somewhere. I lost two days because it just
doesn't.

Anyway, I'm curious - what happens to the exception? It is raised,
that's for sure - but it doesn't reach the caller. Is it trapped in the
meantime, or what? Or is it handled some other way? How?

B.