[Erp5-dev] Dialog forms' submit button malfunction

Jacek Medrzycki jacek at erp5.pl
Sat Mar 3 09:27:31 CET 2007

Jérôme Perrin napisał(a):
> This is a "feature" :)

<cut>
This sounds reasonable.
> So this was the original intention, but this implementation is definitivly a
> hack and anyway doesn't work with non javascript-enabled browsers.
I'm not sure if it can easily be done in ERP5, but years ago I solved
similar problem in Tomcat-powered application by adding a unique token
(generated from the system time) to each request that should be
prevented from double execution. Last token was remembered on the
server, and when a request with the same token came, server discarded
such a request. It works regardless ot the browser settings.

> If it's
> too annoying, I'm ok to revert untill we have a clean solution, and keep this
> change locally on projects which requires it.

I think it shouldn't be reverted, as preventing user from double
execution of the request is very important. However, sometimes it makes
no sense, for instance in raport dialog, where user could have a chance
to re-launch the report with different settings (this was the case that
made Mikolaj post his question).
The nicest thing would be the ability to enable or disable such
functionality per dialog.

Jacek