[Erp5-dev] "Allowed content type" does not matter?

Ivan Tyagov ivan at nexedi.com
Wed Feb 14 15:35:30 CET 2007

Hi,

> We have just find out on our site that its possible to add a content to
> an object regardless of the settings in "Allowed content type" box.
>
> For instance, it was possible to add (by the script) a Person to a
> Person, despite the fact that Person is not an allowed content type for
> Person.

Yes, it's possible because such a check is not applied.
This patch to Products.ERP5Type.Core.Folder (see attached) implements
this check but still it's not tested thoroughly. You can try it and
maybe send feedback?

> I've made an svn update for products but the problem persists.
It should persists. Patch is not (yet) applied to SVN.

> Is it really a bug?
I think we can classify it as a bug unless that's the "expected/normal"
behavior?

Regards
Ivan