[Erp5-dev] visited objects and selection

Yoshinori Okuji yo at nexedi.com
Sat Feb 3 17:46:30 CET 2007

On Thursday 01 February 2007 16:38, bartek wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'd like to record information about the fact that a user "visited" a
> certain object (means he opened a web page publishing this object). The
> purpose is to be able to display a list of objects and mark the ones he
> hasn't seen yet.
>
> The solution I consider is storing the info in a dedicated per-user
> selection, and then retrieving it for every object in a list. The
> question is, would that be an eficient solution? I'd soon end up storing
> hundreds of object identifiers per every user, wouldn't it hurt
> performance? And if so, what other solution may be considered?

Clearly, it would be very heavy to record such information when you have many
objects and many users, thus unrealistic, if you need precise records. If you
can accept that information is sometimes forgotten, I think the easiest way
is to just use a:visited in a CSS.

YO
--
Yoshinori Okuji, Nexedi CTO
ERP5: Full Featured High End Open Source ERP