[Erp5-dev] redirection from workflow scripts

Bartek Gorny bartek at redpoint.mn.pl
Tue Sep 26 20:29:48 CEST 2006

Hello

Is it possible to send a redirect from interaction workflow script?
The point is that in certain conditions I need to create a new object,
instead of editing the current one, and the best thing would be to
immediately redirect the user to the new one. But it seems that
workflows do not care about return value, so the usual
return context.REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect(target_url)
has no effect. Is there a way to do it from workflow script, or do I
need to overwrite _edit method?

"Software is largely a service industry operating under the persistent
but unfounded delusion that it is a manufacturing industry."
Eric S.Raymond, "The Magic Cauldron"