[Erp5-dev] proposed change to File class

Jean-Paul Smets jp at nexedi.com
Mon Jul 24 12:16:05 CEST 2006

Le samedi 22 juillet 2006 17:49, Bartek Gorny a écrit :
> Hello
>
> I needed to put objects inside a class that inherits from File
> (namely, I wanted to put Role Definition inside under OOoDocument
> objects). To do that, I've made a change to
> Product/ERP5/Document/File.py - made File inherit from XMLObject:
>
> line 115
> - class File(Base,  CMFFile)
> + class File(XMLObject, Base,  CMFFile)
>
> Works for me, but is it ok from the system's point of view? Can it be
> safely commited?

The main issue to check is the support for DAV. File should act as a
terminating leaf from DAV point of view but should behave as a folder to
support local roles.

This probably requires to set the inheritance of webdav related methods on
the File class.

I advise to use konqueror or cadaver to test webdav. If a folder which
contains files appears as empty from webdav point of view, it usually means
that some exception was caught, for example the exception related to file
size.

JPS.

--
Jean-Paul Smets-Solanes, Nexedi CEO - Tel. +33(0)6 62 05 76 14
Nexedi: Consulting and Development of Libre / Open Source Software