[Erp5-dev] customization of ERP5 for helpdesk, customer order management

Jean-Paul Smets jp at nexedi.com
Sat Apr 8 19:08:47 CEST 2006

Le Samedi 8 Avril 2006 15:55, david bain a écrit :
> I asked a similar question of another project that is CRM focused
> (vTiger). I've been working with Zope/Plone for the last 2 years, am
> strong in ZPT followed by python. I would like to accomplish the
> following:
>
>    1. be able to transfer/assign tasks to appropriate persons csr/manager
>    based on type of action, possibly categorized by authorization level
>    use case: customer calls the help desk and wants their thingy ma jig
>    to be able to send messages to hong kong, this requires a manager to
>    authorize this. The customer rep creates a "request" in ERP5 for "send
>    message to hongkong ability" this automatically assigned to a manager
> since a normal customer rep cannot accomplish this task.

Already exists.

>     2. master screen where a manager can see outstanding items and
>    required completion time
>    use case: a manager logs in and goes to their master screen. It shows
>    them outstanding tasks with a live countdown to when it will become
> overdue, overdue tasks are highlighted in a different color.

Core already exists (DCWorkflows workflists)
Trivial form configuration is necessary though to change the front page.

>     3. ability to assess csr performance based on time task is completed
>    use case: a manager goes to an area in ERP5 which allows them to see
>    how many calls were fielded by customer rep x and how quickly issues
> were resolved based on predetermined completion times

Task performance measurement information is already stored in ERP5.
Requested featured can be obtained through very simple form configuration.

>     4. call type differentiation - should be able to show a report of the
>    number of calls grouped by type (10 balance requests, 15 signups.)

Categorisation of events exists. Report does not exist. Report can be
obtained through very simple form configuration. (domain tree mode in ERP5
listbox widget)

>    5. talk to an external webservice via SOAP, should be possible to pull
>    additional customer data stored on a different server and then store
> that data locally in the ERP5 database.
>    use case: customer transaction history for web purchases are stored on
>    an external website. ERP5 works with an hourly cronjob to update
> itself with the latest purchase history of customers (e.g. items
> purchased and the time of purchase and failed purchases)

Already exists (and implemented in custumer site)

> I'm especially interested in how much of this can ALREADY be accomplished
> in ERP5 and whether the balance can realistically be accomplished in 5
> dedicated days (i.e. 40 programmer hours and lots of feedback from the
> mailing list)

What you request can be accomplished in 5 days by someone who knows ERP5
well. However, I do not think this can be accomplished only through
extensive mailing list request in such a short time.

> Which items will be the most time consuming? Are any of the items above
> trivial?

All items are trivial.

However, you probably forgot an essential part: the security analysis of the
company which will use the system. If there is no security, then everything
is trivial. Also, if security is "per capita", then no big deal. But if
abstract security is needed, that add a few days of consulting and time to
find out what kind of organisation your customer plans to base its security
on. Also add a few "buffer" weeks for the customer to understand himself
what he/she wants in terms of security.

--
Jean-Paul Smets-Solanes, Nexedi CEO - Tel. +33(0)6 62 05 76 14
Nexedi: Consulting and Development of Libre / Open Source Software