[Erp5-dev] search for email fast (portal_catalog?)

Yoshinori Okuji yo at nexedi.com
Mon Mar 20 13:57:26 CET 2006

On Monday 20 March 2006 13:47, Bartek Gorny wrote:
> I need to quickly find an email address in ERP5 database - is there a
> way to use portal_catalog for it, to search object by url_string
> property? Should I add something to portal_catalog settings, or create
> an sql method, or what?

This is a good question. The usual way is to add "url_string" to the catalog
table (or a new table). But it might be better to change the property to
"reference", since an URL is a kind of reference in the ERP5 concept.

What do others think about this?

YO
--
Yoshinori Okuji, Nexedi Research Director
ERP5: Full Featured High End Open Source ERP