[Erp5-dev] related value list and permissions to objects

Bartłomiej Górny bartek at redpoint.mn.pl
Fri Feb 17 10:57:31 CET 2006

Hi

Question: how to get a list of related objects, but only those to which
the current user has view permissions?

If I use portal_catalog, then it returns only objects to which I have
'view' permission, which is logical. But from what I see a function like
'getXXXRelatedValueList' returns a complete list, and then kicks me out
because I'm not allowed to view some of the objects returned. What's the
solution, if any?

"Software is largely a service industry operating under the persistent
but unfounded delusion that it is a manufacturing industry."
Eric S.Raymond, "The Magic Cauldron"